In reading her article, “4 Reasons Why Video Is One Of The Most Powerful Training Trends for 2016,” Jayme Jenkins outlines why video is an incredibly powerful training tool. She highlights:
- Video boosts the effectiveness of employee training.
- Video provides consistent training.
- Video facilitates on-demand training.
- Video enables microlearning.
These become increasingly pertinent as “Millennials, who will make up 75 percent of the workforce by 2025, have an average attention span of only 90 seconds. And while shorter attention spans pose real problems for conventional training methods, video enables organizations to exploit short attention spans via a new and powerful way of teaching known as microlearning.”
Not only does her emphasis on "millennials" and "90 seconds" fit perfectly with Flipgrid (i.e. our advocacy for #studentvoice and 90-second-time-limit), our users can reap all the benefits Jenkins lists. Thus, we present, 4 Reasons Why Flipgrid Is One Of The Most Powerful Training Tools in 2016.
- Create a more engaging and active learning environment on Flipgrid.
- Give every participant an equal voice and access to everyone's questions, answers, and comments.
- Allow users to participating in the discussion at their convenience, regardless of time-zone or schedule.
- Effectively engaging users with important information in brief stints.
Whether in a university economics class, a high school history course, or a company training program, Flipgrid's simple, quick, video discussion medium helps connect learners with material in an interactive, immersive format!